Independent Help

You may need specialist advice which you cannot get from your lender or you could wish to seek independent advice regarding the best way forward for you.

Citizens' Advice Bureau

These set ups can assist you with monetary and housing problems. Further contact details are available on their website - click here >>

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)

This is a national debt charity which offers free debt advice and debt solutions in total confidence - visit website >>

Money Advice Service

They produce useful leaflets for borrowers who are in financial difficulties - visit website >>


This housing charity provides a great deal of advice and information on housing, including how to avoid repossession - visit website >>

The National Homelessness Advice Service

This service offers advice agencies specialist support and professional resources to help advisers provide the most recent, precise and helpful advice possible - visit website >>

National Debtline

This is a charity which provides free, confidential advice and extensive information on mortgage arrears - visit website >>

Organisations which can assist with legal advice

Community Legal Advice

The community legal advice website contains advice and information on housing issues and its helpline 0845 345 4 345 can provide callers with general housing advice and specialist advice for people who qualify for legal aid - visit website >>

Law Centres

Law Centres are independent, and employ lawyers and specialist advisers to help and represent clients in court - visit website >>